Bianco di Torgiano DOC
A white wine with great structure, balanced and elegant. Straw-yellow in colour with good intensity; the bouquet has floral scents and notes of linden, thyme, and acacia flowers, delicate hints of coconut, vanilla and white chocolate; sapid and fragrant flavour with a long finish as well as balanced, refreshing acidity.
- grape varietalsTrebbiano (70%) and Grechetto (30%) from the "Il Pino" hillside vineyard; double Guyot pruning system, harvested by hand in September in small crates
- vinificationAfter cryomaceration, 30% is fermented and aged on the fine lees in barrique for 3 months; remaining 70% in stainless steel; the blend is then matured in wooden casks until the following spring. A wine with long aging potential
- food pairingsDishes of haute cuisine, particularly with fish and seafood, pasta and soup, creamy risotto, especially with truffles, vegetable and white-meat flans. Serve at 12-14°C (54-57°F) in large stem glass
- sizes750 ml; 1500 ml
- ancedoteA special selection of Torre di Giano, it was one of the first Italian white wines to be aged in wood, as early as the 1970’s, many years before the more recent trends. The name recalls the Roman origins of Torgiano, testified by the tower dedicated to Janus, the double-faced god.
On the label is a bas-relief depicting the harvest, detail from the Fontana Maggiore of Perugia, Italy’s most beautiful 13th century fountain.
||Guida Vini d’Italia 2011 Gambero Rosso – Slow Food